Sunday, December 6, 2015

Winona Assembly and Summer School - Winona, Indiana

In 1894 The Presbyterian Church of Indiana purchased the land, a transaction that was negotiated by Solomon C. Dickey. He would become an honored figure in Winona Lake. Dickey established the Winona Assembly and Summer School in 1895. 1915 brought a significant setback: financial ruin. Due in part to losses in railroad revenue, the Assembly was forced to declare bankruptcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment